About the LibraryBijoy Krishna Girls' College, Howrah formerly known as Girls' College, was established in the year 1947. At the time of establishment all the activities of the college including Library started at the premises of Bhabini Girls' School. The Library shifted to "Duke Hall" during 1948-1955. Afterwards the Central Library was moved to the main building. To fulfill the ever increasing requirements of the students, the necessity of more space was realized and library was shifted to the newly built office-cum-library building in the year 1998.
The Library is rich in collection of materials including text and reference books. Library is enriched with extensive holdings in Sanskrit, Philosophy, Education, Political Science, Economics, Literature among many other subjects. It is having a special collection on Poet Jibanananda Das. Apart from these huge collection of the library possess a good collection of rare books.